Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Colors



While trying to find vibrant colors in my everyday routine, I noticed the colors that I chose for our living room. These were not the typical colors that I chose in the past. I was typically drawn to blues, greens, and whites in the past, but I chose to decorate my living room in reds, oranges, and yellows. I watched an interesting show on hgtv about the colors we choose for rooms. The decorator mentioned that it was a good idea to shop at the grocery store and observe the various colors in the fruits and vegetables and create a color palette from those colors. Can't you just see lemons, red peppers, sweet potatoes, and green grapes in my chosen color palette? Maybe a stretch, but I thought it was a cool idea.

1 comment:

  1. That is a really cool idea:) I wonder what our colors that we are drawn to say about us? I like the idea of your clors changing. I used to be drawn to pastels, and pinks etc but now my living room is reds and golds. Interesting:) And your photos are so good.

    ReplyDelete