Saturday, July 11, 2009

Friends Journal #2

My friend and I decided to exchange travel journals. It has been so much fun and far more personal than email. We swap every month, the first of the month. We live hours from each other and this is how we keep in touch. I highly recommend it for friends that are separated by distance. This is our second friends journal.

The cover of the journal: I bought a blank book at Barnes & Noble Bookstore. I ripped off parts of the cover and left parts of it because it was a slick surface and I could use Tim Holtz's alcohol inks on it. On the parts without the alcohol inks, I used Tim Holtz's one step crackle paint (this worked really well, very easy to use). The letters (of course) are Tim Holtz's grunge board. The photographs were altered, utilizing the website, www.befunky.com, and the blue photograph was framed by K&C mat board, die cut and 7 gypsies black/white tape, and the sticker "together" by daisyd's company. Lastly, the time stamp is from Stampin' Up! and I think that gives credit to everybody:)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word! This is wonderful. I would love to see the whole thing.Tell us more about it. What kind of things did you do?

    ReplyDelete