Saturday, December 5, 2009

Life pL@nS!


On our 10 year anniversary, we had such big plans. We were headed out the door when a phone call came through that altered the plans for the day (lets just say it involved an ER visit, everythings fine). It took me way too long to adjust to the idea that our plans went out the window. I kept thinking maybe we could recover part of the day at least. The funny thing is that we had such comical moments throughout the day that I'm sure we will be laughing about 10 years down the road. Here's to adjusting faster & flexing with life!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, adjusting to and flexing with life...I love how you said this!

    I'm sorry that your plans didn't work out as you'd expected, but think -- comical moments, laughter (and good news that the ER call wasn't serious) and something you'll look back on with humour. That's a great way to celebrate your lives together, much better than a meal perhaps that will be fogotten among many.

    I always remind myself of what John Lennon said when things like this happen:

    "Life is what happens when you are making other plans".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spent years not even realizing I needed flexibility. Kudos to you for recognizing it. Thank God for the moments of humor :)

    ReplyDelete